Bicycle saddle bags for lightweight touring
And it’s not just an extraordinary bike bag, it a crucial component of lightweight or ultralight bike traveling.
Bag4Bike saddle bag product details:
Volume: 7 liters (1.85 US gal) Weight: 250 g. (8.8 oz)
Material: “Titan” Density: 1680D
Basic colors: black or gray
Additional colors: orange, blue, yellow, red, green, light green, lime color.
Free Shipping: ships out within 4 business days, trucking number avaliable.
Delivery: 15-39 days
Additional options: Green waterproof cover: $10
2Checkout.com Inc. (Ohio, USA) is a payment facilitator for goods and services provided by Bag4bike.com.
How to connect it to your bike?
How to load Bag4Bike seat bag?
- It has to be fully loaded to keep form.
- The hardest stuff must be closer to sbike saddle pin.
- Load lightweight, but volume staff like sleeping bag, sleeping mat, tent.
- Load B4B seat bag with the staff you need in the end of the day. It’s not a quick access bag.
- Do not load it with too weighty things. B4B seat bag is the best way to care your tent, sleeping mat and clothes.
What type of bicycle it can be used with?
- mountain bike
- road bike (touring bike)
What other carriers you can use together with Bag4Bike seat bag?
Case #1 Backpack and small frame bag
Case #2 Handlebar Bag and big frame bag
The story behind the bag
Being a bike touring fun I was looking for a bag to my bike backpack.
And panniers is not an proper carriers for me because of several reasons:
- wrong weight balance (rear wheel is overloaded)
- there exists some risk of broken spokes on rear wheel (again because of overloading)
- too much useless and hard staff can be (and usually – will be) loaded in a good volume panniers
bike look like loaded donkey
I want to:
- enjoy dynamic riding
- enjoy the road capabilities of MTB bike
- ride longer with less efforts
The decision (in my case)
Backpack + Bag4Bike seat bag
If you are avoiding backpacks – an alternative case could be:
Bag4Bike seat bag + frame bag + front bag and it must be also comfortable.
But on my really subjective opinion:
- my option looks more elegant
- all your important staff is in your backpack and always in safe
- front bag a bit limit your visual zone
Keep in mind that I’ve never tried front bag, so it’s up to you.
Ultralight bike touring is not only about proper carriers
It also about proper staff inside of your carrier’s: a few “big things”: sleeping pad, tent, sleeping bag, cooking equipment, carriers, clothes.
Read my blog not to miss a detailed article about luggage weight reduction.
Selling bike bags is not my profession (perhaps -yet:) ).
Contact me: email@example.com